关于本站
管理团队

胡杨林-特区文谈天下版主:戈壁红柳912     晴雨西子 [登录] [注册] [发表新文章]  

作者: victoria 收藏:0 回复:2 点击:2750 发表时间: 2013.06.24 19:22:21

Terra-cotta Warriors and horses

有始以来写的最长的一片英文作文,准备要投给我单位主办的期刊,题目是以旅游为主题,不知是否能够中选,敬请期待。
  A famous saying “Read ten thousand of books travel thousands of miles” tells us that combining what you learn with the life and merging the life into knowledge, you will benefit a lot. Travel is a good way to increase your insight. Travel makes one open-hearted; Travel brings one lots of fun; Travel leads one to colorful life; Travel relaxes one to refresh.
   Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, the eighth miracles in the world, tomb of Qinshihuang who was a famous emperor of Qin dynasty. It was founded at Lintong City in Shaanxi province, 30 kilometers away from Xi’an.
   I have been there in this July. There, the weather was fine, the sky was blue and bright, cool climate in summer. Green bushes and trees covered the mountain. Blossoms and lawn lay over the land. What a good weather it was! How beautiful landscape! It refreshed me. I thought I would have a fantastic trip.
   It took 120 RMB for a ticket. If you need a tour guide, you should pay 50 RMB more. There were so many people. I flowed with many people in a long queue until arriving at an entrance which is the gate of Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses’. There are nine Chinese characters “秦始皇兵马俑博物馆” which means “Museum of Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses” carved in the stone gate. Many people take photo there, same as me.
   When you go through the entrance, you will find four sub-museums. The first one is the biggest. Mud comes into my eyes first. When I walked more closer, the impressive sight make me hold my breath. The powerful military struggles my vision strongly. They are tall, serious and powerful. Some soldiers take sword in their arm; some knee down, some shoot, some ride horse, some stand as guards. So lifelike, look like real men. I wouldn’t dare walk a little bit closer. How great they are used to be! At this moment, I recognize that this great project gathered all brightness and labor of people.
   The second museum is empty, no warriors and horse. It looked quiet and deplorable. Maybe this was a defeated army, they were all buried here. It needs more technology when developing. So people look forward the day they come out.
   When you go to the third museum, you will know the strict grading in feudalism. General are in the carriage, soldiers pedestrianize. Strong and fat horses, lively persons, showing the incomparable technology of our ancestors. I am proud of them.
   There are a lot of tools and weapons in the fourth room. They are rusted, old and broken. Through them, I even saw how people lived before thousands of years. Kids played in the yards; men and women did farm work from sunrise to sunset. They grew plant, lived happy life. In the evening, they cooked, smoke rises from rooftops. But everything was changed by war. Men recruited to army; war destroyed home land. Rude, blood, disease, desire of power… makes world gloom. There are too many wars from ancient to now. No matter what the purpose is, people suffer a lot.
   When I finish my trip, my thoughts are still flying. How can I evaluate the Terra-cotta warriors? Great? Yes, it is. It shows us perfect skills. It stands thousands of years but not rotted. I am afraid until now no body can catch so outstanding achievement. Several generations and governments are benefited from it. But this is also a luxurious projection. King only wants satisfy their desire. Did they know how many families were destroyed? How many hunsbands were killed? How many children lost farthers? I am sad. I pray no war. Everybody lives peacefully.
   If you complain the work is boring; Food is not delicious; Salary is not high. Please imagine the people in war, they were or being suffered unthinkable tribulation. So you will say: I am lucky, healthiness and happy. That’s enough.

原创    收   藏  

回帖

回复人: 戈壁红柳912 Re:Terra-cotta Warriors and horses 回复时间: 2013.06.27 12:09

祝心想事成!

1 篇回复    查 看 回 复    回    复    

回复人: hover Re:Terra-cotta Warriors and horses 回复时间: 2013.07.03 11:13

我觉得可以!

1 篇回复    查 看 回 复    回    复    

回复

回复主题: 回复在论坛 回复到信箱
回复内容:
附加签名: