关于本站
管理团队
  

黑龙江贴图 回复帖

被回复帖: 巧笑盼兮的《勃朗宁夫人:我是怎样地爱你[转载]》 [登录] [注册] [发表新文章]  

作者: 巧笑盼兮 收藏:0 回复:0 点击:52 回复时间: 2006.07.05 01:02:46

Re:勃朗宁夫人:我是怎样地爱你[转载]


  续上
  
  
  13
  
  你可是要我把对你涌起的恩情,
  And wilt thou have me fashion into speech
  
   形之于言词,而且还觉得十分充裕;
  The love I bear thee, finding words enough,
  
   不管有多猛的风,高举起火炬,
  And hold the torch out, while the winds are rough
  
  让光辉,从两张脸儿间,把我俩照明?
  Between our faces, to cast light on each? --
  
  我却把它掉在你脚边,没法命令
  I drop it thy feet. I cannot teach
  
   我的手托着我的心灵,那么远距
  My hands to hold my spirit so far off
  
   自己;难道我就能借文字作契据,
  From myself ... me ... that I should bring thee proof
  
  掏给你看、那无从抵达的爱情
  In words, of love hid in me out of reach.
  
  在我的心坎?不,我宁愿表达
  Nay, let the silence of my womanhood
  
   女性的爱凭她的贞静,而换来
  command my woman-love to thy belief, --
  
  你的谅解--看见我终不曾软化,
  Seeing that I stand unwon, however wooed,
  
   任你怎样地央求,我只是咬紧着嘴,
  And rend the garment of my life, in brief,
  
  狠心撕裂着生命的衣裙;生怕
  By a most dauntless, voiceless fortitude,
  
   这颗心一经接触,就泄露了悲哀。
  Lest one touch of this heart convey its grief.
  
  
  14
  
  如果你一心要爱我,那就别为了么,
  If thou must love me, let it be for nought
  
   只是为了爱才爱我。别这么讲:
  Except for love's sake only. Do not say
  
   “我爱她,为了她的一笑,她的模样,
  `I love her for her smile ... her look ... her way
  
  她柔语的声气;为了她这感触
  Of speaking gently, ... for a trick of thought
  
  正好合我的心意,那天里,的确
  That falls in well with mine, and certes brought [certes: certainly]
  
   给我带来满怀的喜悦和舒畅。”
  A sense of pleasant ease on such a day' --
  
   亲爱的,这些好处都不能持常,
  For these things in themselves, Belov`ed, may
  
  会因你而变,而这样唱出的爱曲
  Be changed, or change for thee, -- and love, so wrought [wrought: worked]
  
  也将这样哑寂。也别爱我因为你
  May be unwrought so. Neither love me for
  
   又怜又惜地给我揩干了泪腮,
  Thine own dear pity's wiping my cheeks dry, --
  
  一个人会忘了哭泣,当她久受你
  A creature might forget to weep, who bore
  
   温柔的慰安--却因此失了你的爱。
  Thy comfort long, and lose thy love thereby!
  
  爱我,请只是为了那爱的意念,
  But love for love's sake, that evermore
  
   那你就能继续地爱,爱我如深海。
  Thou may'st love on, through love's eternity.
  
  Footnote:
  
  This sonnet is little more than a copy of the following poem
  
  which some two and a half centuries earlier.
  
  Love not me for comely grace,
  
  For my pleasing eye or face,
  
  Nor for any outward part,
  
  No, nor for my constant heart, --
  
  For those may fail, or turn to ill,
  
  So thou and I shall sever:
  
  Keep therefore a true woman's eye,
  
  And love me still, but know not why --
  
  So hast thou the same reason still
  
  To doat upon me ever!
  
  ANON.
  
  Source: The Golden Treasury of The Best Songs and Lyrical Poems
  
  In The English Language, Oxford University Press, 1929.
  
  
  15
  
  请不要这样指责我:我在你面前
  Accuse me not, beseech thee, that I wear
  
  露出一副太冷静、忧郁的面容;
  Too calm and sad a face in front of thine;
  
  你我原是面朝着两个不同的方向,
  For we too look two ways, and can not shine
  
  那普照的阳光照不到两人的前额。
  With the same sunlight on our brow and hair.
  
  你看着我,心中没半点儿不踏实,
  On me thou lookest with no doubting care,
  
  象看着一只笼罩在水晶里的蜜蜂;
  As on a bee shut in a crystalline, --
  
  哀怨把我密封在圣洁的爱情中,
  Since sorrow hath shut me safe in love's divine,
  
  想张开双翼,扑向外面的空间、
  And to spread wing and fly in the outer air
  
  是绝不可能的失败--哪怕我狠着心
  Were most impossible failure, if I strove
  
  追求这颠扑和失败。可是我向你看,
  To fail so. But I look on thee -- on thee --
  
  我看见了爱,还看到了爱的结局,
  Beholding, besides love, the end of love,
  
  听到了记忆外层的哪一片寂寥!
  Hearing oblivion beyond memory!
  
  就象从千层万丈之上,你向下眺望,
  As one who sits and gazes from above,
  
  只见滚滚的浪涛尽向大海里流。
  Over the rivers of the bitter sea.
  
  
  16
  
  然而,因为你完全征服了我,
  And yet, because thou overcomest so,
  
  因为你那样高贵、象尊严的帝皇,
  Because thou art more noble and like a king,
  
  你能消除我的惶恐,把你的
  Thou canst prevail against my fears and fling
  
  紫袍裹绕住我,直到我的心
  thy purple round me, till my heart shall grow
  
  跟你的贴得那么紧,再想不起
  Too close against thine heart henceforth to know
  
  当初怎样独自在悸动。那宣抚,
  How it shook when alone. Why, conquering
  
  就象把人践踏在脚下,一样是
  May prove as lordly and complete a thing
  
  威严和彻底完满的征服!就象
  In lifting upward, as in crushing low!
  
  投降的兵士捧着战刀呈交给
  And as a vanquished soldier yields his sword
  
  把他从血滩里搀扶起来的主人;
  To one who lifts him from the bloody earth, --
  
  亲爱的,我终于认了输,承认:
  Even so, Beloved, I at last record,
  
  我的抗拒到此为止。假如你召唤我,
  Here ends my strife. If _thou_ invite me forth,
  
  听着这话,我要从羞愧中站起。
  I rise above abasement at the word.
  
  扩大些你的爱,好提高些我的价值。
  Make thy love larger to enlarge my worth.
  
   
  17
  
  我的诗人,在上帝的宇宙里,从洪荒
  My poet, thou canst touch on all the notes
  
  到终极,那参差的音律,无一不能
  God set between His After and Before,
  
  从你的指尖弹出。你一挥手
  And strike up and strike off the general roar
  
  就打断了人世间熙熙攘攘的声浪,
  Of the rushing worlds a melody that floats
  
  奏出清音,在空气里悠然荡漾;
  In a serene air purely. Antidotes
  
  那柔和的旋律,象一剂凉药,把安慰
  Of medicated music, answering for
  
  带给痛苦的心灵。上帝派给你
  Mankind's forlornest uses, thou canst pour
  
  这一个职司,而吩咐我伺候你。
  >From thence into their ears. God's will devotes
  
  亲爱的,你打算把我怎样安排?--
  Thine to such ends, and mine to wait on thine.
  
  作为一个希望、给欢乐地歌唱?还是
  How, Dearest, wilt thou have me for most use?
  
  缠绵的回忆、溶化入抑扬的音调?
  A hope, to sing by gladly? ... or a fine
  
  还是棕榈,还是松树--那一树绿荫
  Sad memory, with thy songs to interfuse?
  
  让你在底下歌唱;还是一个青冢,
  A shade, in which to sing ... of palm or pine?
  
  唱倦了,你来这里躺下?请挑吧。
  A grave, on which to rest from singing? .. Choose.
  
   
  18
  
  我从不曾拿我的卷发送给谁,
  I never gave a lock of hair away
  
   除非是这一束,我最亲爱的,给你;
  To a man, Dearest, except this to thee,
  
   满怀心事,我把它抽开在指尖,
  Which now upon my fingers thoughtfully
  
  拉成棕黄色的一长段;我说:“爱,
  I ring out to the full brown length and say
  
  收下吧。”我的青春已一去不回,
  `Take it.' My day of youth went yesterday;
  
   这一头散发再也不跟着我脚步一起
  My hair no longer bounds to my foot's glee,
  
   雀跃,也不再象姑娘们,在鬓发间
  Nor plant I it from rose- or Myrtle-tree,
  
  插满玫瑰和桃金娘,却让它披垂,
  As girls do, any more. It only may
  
  从一个老是歪着的头儿--由于
  Now shade on two pale cheeks the mark of tears
  
   忧郁的癖性--披下来遮掩着泪痕。
  Taught drooping from the head that hangs aside
  
  原以为理尸的剪刀会先把它收去,
  Through sorrow's trick. I thought the funeral-shears
  
   可不想爱情的名份得到了确认。
  Would take this first, but Love is justified, --
  
  收下吧,那上面有慈母在弥留时给儿女
  Take it thou, ... finding pure, from all those years,
  
   印下的一吻--这些年始终保持着洁净。
  The kiss my mother left here when she died.
  
  
  资料来源:汇文网校


删   除    

回复


回复主题: 回复在论坛回复到信箱
回复内容:
附加签名:
      
论坛热点:

Copyright 2002-2007 版权所有
胡杨林© All rights reserved.
服务支持拓商网